POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.animations : IRTC Status : Re: IRTC Status Server Time
19 Apr 2024 15:43:49 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC Status
From: David Cuny
Date: 12 Mar 2007 03:10:02
Message: <web.45f50a7b463ebb8fb55da6960@news.povray.org>
So what's the status of the IRTC?

What I expected would happen by this point - now that several months have
passed, and it's abundantly clear that the last IRTC admin is AWOL - is
that Chris would be asking if anyone would be interesting in taking over
the admin role.

I could be wrong, but that doesn't seem to be happening.

The IRTC itself seems to be on permanent hold. The prior contest images and
animations are "available for comment", but none of these comments seem to
have been posted.

The impression I get is that the prior IRTC administration has managed to
alienate a lot of people, including Chris and ex-IRTC administration. The
workings of the IRTC seem to have been done out of sight of the general
public.

Chris has spoken of a "clone" of the IRTC, but it's not clear to me why
someone can't just take over the administration role. The IRTC rules are
laid out, the structure is in place... What's issue?

So what's the plan? Is there going to be some effort made in continuing the
IRTC, or will it be left in permanant limbo?