POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries : Re: Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries Server Time
25 Apr 2024 11:09:53 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Pseudo IRTC - TINA CHeP Entries
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 1 Mar 2007 09:05:00
Message: <web.45e6dc24e18621b96d4565230@news.povray.org>
Comments for TINA CheP participants:

(The feedback that one receives from other participants has always been one
of my favorite aspects of the IRTC. I hope that we will include something
like it in the new version.)

'This is a knot, checkered, on a plane' by Bill P.:  I find the image
interesting both aesthetically and technically.  Thanks for the info on the

paying homage to it fairly soon.

being "angry" about the inclusion of a checkered plane, I think it was a
well-placed element that facilitated an understanding of your concept.  The
relative simplicity of the elements that you mentioned in your text file
actually enhances the image rather than detracting from it, since ray
tracing itself is an important part of the subject matter.

do most images with Poser figures.  It has real drama and humor to go with
an interesting story and shows real creativity on the part of the artist.

merely inanimate objects into characters in a story. Definitely a worthy
effort.

find difficult, making a ray traced object look "hand-made".  I also like
the fact that you chose the dimensions of the image to fit the subject
matter rather than to fit a computer screen.

see that the fire fighters in your community are not forced to live and

outfit that the young lady is wearing is suitable for fighting a major

never been in another kind of building with poles like that!   ;-)
Seriously, nice job, especially with the lighting.

can never have too many visual puns. You MIGHT be able to get that
translucent effect that you wanted by rendering an ever so slightly
larger(scale y*1.001 or there about) version of the cheese AROUND the
existing one with some filter and transparency values.

'This is not a checkered plane' by Jim C.:  Thanks for a very interesting
and creative image. The information on the "interleaved images" technique
is most appreciated.  One of the best things about the IRTC, pseudo or
otherwise, is that I learn something new every time.

objects, patterns and colors.  Because of the render issues you mentioned,
I get the distinct impression that there is much to the image design that
can not really be appreciated in the posted render.  If you ever have a
chance to render it as you wished and could post a link to it, I, for one,
would love to see it.