POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.poser : creating new figures : Re: creating new figures Server Time
23 Apr 2024 04:45:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: creating new figures
From: fls13
Date: 16 Feb 2007 18:45:01
Message: <web.45d6414b98f2f199a4773ce60@news.povray.org>
"i_need_a_unique_name" <ine### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Anybody have any wisdom on how to create completely new Poser figures?
> Specifically I'm trying to create a robot (a bit like a transformer sort of
> thing).
>
> Sure I'll get there in the end but its a bit fiddly (poser 4 by the way).

Grouping is the key to the equation. Take a good look at figures already in
Poser and see how it's done. Follow the way they are done: rShldr,
rForearm, etc. If you have P4 ProPack, the setup room is great, just use a
pre-existing figure and away you go. If not, I'm sure you can email the
geometry and someone will rig it for you.