POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.tools.general : blender - any good? : Re: blender - any good? Server Time
24 Apr 2024 20:55:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: blender - any good?
From: Janet
Date: 4 Feb 2007 03:00:01
Message: <web.45c5913aa34c4ac063d2e5e60@news.povray.org>
"i_need_a_unique_name" <ine### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> Need to use some sort of modeller, one with a variety of export formats.
>
> Thought I'd start with blender... zoiks its hard going, I'm much more at
> home with scriptable stuff like Povray but I want something that will
> handle collisions and object interaction etc.
>
> Is Blender a good choice, its a big investment of time so if it gets a good
> thumbs up from folks I'll put in the effort otherwise if it a big no no
> I'll look at some others.
>
> Rob

I use Blender. Yes, its tough at first, but then it gets to be a lot of fun.
It really has a ton of features too. Do some tutorials, that will help you
get used to it.
As for handling collisions and object interaction, not exactly sure what you
mean. I just use it for modelling. You could always ask at the Blender
forums:  http://blenderartists.org/forum/