POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Results are in....! : Re: Results are in....! Server Time
19 Apr 2024 10:14:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Results are in....!
From: Tom York
Date: 20 Jun 2006 15:20:00
Message: <web.449849eb2efc3f5a7d55e4a40@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford <mra### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:

> Unless I'm misunderstanding technical merit...

To me, the IRTC FAQ (stills faq, section 3.10) reads as being very vague on
the meaning of the categories; the results then indicate that a majority of
the voters didn't share your interpretation of technical merit, for whatever
reason.

In my opinion only, the technical score represents the quality of the
"implementation" of the concept, however it was done. I feel that technical
skill in the preparation of an IRTC image does not necessarily have to
involve programming, scripts, or self-written utilities. I suppose I'm
saying that (in a poor analogy) technical skill can involve making brushes,
but it can also involve skill in the use of those brushes (however the
result ends up from an artistic point of view).

That's only my interpretation. Fortunately, I think I've only ever voted
once on the IRTC, a long time ago.

Tom