POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : waiting... : Re: waiting... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 21:24:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waiting...
From: Mike the Elder
Date: 14 Jun 2006 10:50:00
Message: <web.449021c2be843dab2d8fb84f0@news.povray.org>
Two Points:
1st:
Some folks seem to be able to find ways of accessing IRTC files before the
main page changes.  If any kind person knows how to access the April 2006
Stills results and would like to share, it would be much appreciated.

2nd: RE:
"Sigurdur" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Some good points could be:
>
> Some artists would use the extra month to improve the finer details of the
> images. So overall the quality could improve. The voters would have
> commented on their images in the first round so the artists would have
> constructive criticism to build on in the second round as well.

Although I believe that giving images a "life after judging" in order to
benefit from constructive criticism is a good one in principle, I would be
reluctant to add more steps and complications to the official judging
process, which is presently dealing with issues relating to a transition in
volunteer administration.  This forum, however, is a great place to for
artists to submit various versions of an image and get feedback both before
and after judging.  (Some folks are doing it already.)  Perhaps one might
suggest this to some of the beginning artists whose work presently shows up

the positive feedback and helpful advice would still make the effort
worthwhile.  Also, the notion of finding some way of rewarding
after-the-competition efforts outside of the main judging process isn't a
bad one.  Perhaps some of us could volunteer to work on this so as not to
heap even more work on the current IRTC volunteer admins.

Best Regards,
Mike C.