POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : waiting... : Re: waiting... Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:03:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waiting...
From: Hildur K
Date: 11 Jun 2006 11:45:00
Message: <web.448c393abe843dab1ac30bde0@news.povray.org>
Steve wrote:
It is a shame that after all these years, the IRTC isn't the the
biggest and best tracing comp out there - it should be by now shouldn't it?

I definately agree.

>      Anyway, here are some suggestions for all to play with:
>
> o- Some kind of filter/rule to weed out unfinished/poor images. This will
> then at least project a more 'serious' side to the comp.

I think this is would be a difficult task. After all this would mean that
somebody (who?) had to view all the images and make a choice to filter out

responsibility. Also, if you filter out poor images, where do you draw the
line? Art is after all a matter of taste. People already downvote these
images, those who make them just have to accept the vote they get, no harm
done.

> o- Let's introduce prizes, nothing big, but something like a (framed?)
> poster from Zazzle for the top six, (they each receive their own image).

Zazzle poster with your winning image on it would definately do the trick
for me! People would just have to remember to render their images in hi-res.

Quick thought - there could be a sub-competition whereby all top winners
> over the whole year are voted on, and the overall winner receives a
> trophy/something for that year.

 An extra competition of the winning images, may also work, but I think the
IRTC stats page

http://exether.free.fr/irtc/index.php?sub=site&lang=en

is already doing a invaluable job by giving people an overall

> o- Dedicated view/vote/comment/result dates would be nice

Absolutely.

Hildur Kolbrun