POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Car study : Re: Car study Server Time
24 Apr 2024 14:43:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Car study
From: Rene Bui
Date: 4 Jun 2006 18:55:00
Message: <web.44836434f493f46f534415d80@news.povray.org>
nemesis:
>absolutely stunning!  Is the street rendered too or is it a composite?
rendered but the background is the famous HDRI uffizi_probe by Paul Debevec

Sean:
>The models look faultless to me, if it wasn't for the numerous shots I would
>have thought you went and bought a bulk load of micras to setup some
>photographs..
:-)

Jim:
>The interface is not completely to my taste however
Not for me too

>Another popular modeller that seems to extend the good things in Wings,
>adds some further useful tools, and is not so purist about edges, is Silo.
In Silo, there is a new and astonishing feature called Displacement painting
(similar to Zbrush tool) I would like to see in Wings someday.

Nekar Xenos:
>.How did you do the tires? Is the tread modelled or textured?
Modelled

>Do you plan on doing a car moddeling tutoriel for wings some time?
No, I don't, unfortunately not enough time for that.

thanx again