POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Freeform deformation with NURBS : Re: Freeform deformation with NURBS Server Time
20 Apr 2024 01:50:05 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Freeform deformation with NURBS
From: Jaap
Date: 15 Apr 2006 14:15:01
Message: <web.4441375fee3dd662a8399d8d0@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote:
> It shows a subdiveded surface shape deformed by a NURBS "grid".

nice !

I'm no expert on NURBS, but I translated an implementation to povray.
It's in: http://news.povray.org/povray.text.scene-files/

Editing the 3D NURBS in Rhino was very nice, but sampling the NURNS in
pov-ray was a little slow.

I think it should be possible to add NURBS a new spline type to pov-ray.