POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.utilities : TesselSphere-1.3.0-beta release : Re: TesselSphere-1.3.0-beta release Server Time
19 Apr 2024 08:49:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TesselSphere-1.3.0-beta release
From: Nicholas Shea
Date: 30 Nov 2005 10:00:00
Message: <web.438dbd08111fc8943d35d84a0@news.povray.org>
"Nicholas Shea" <nic### [at] tiscalicouk> wrote:
<snip>
> The problem you are experiencing with big data sets is due to TesselSphere's
> INC file export code and the internal data representation. TesselSphere does
> not yet use indexed cells, so it has to generate all the indices to the
> vertex array when saving the INC file. This ensures that only unique
> elements are stored in the _ts_V array. This delay does not occur with VRML
> export as no indexing takes place.

Hello Steve,

I have been working to correct the issues you raised in your last post. (I
sent you two e-mails but they bounced back - so I'm hoping you get this). A
32V Class I geodesic sphere now exports to a POV INC file in 40 seconds
(all class triangles). Convex hull generation now has progress bar for
large data sets. Implemented truncation/spherical range adjustment
(geodesic module only).

You can see how this works here:

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/oaktree/nshea/tesselsphere/geodesic/trunc_tutorial_1.html

If you are still interested in testing the program, I can post you a pre-1.4
beta. (Any further communication is probably best kept off this group). Your
time and interest has been greatly appreciated.

Best wishes,

N.Shea