POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Ringworld re-re-revisited : Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited Server Time
20 Apr 2024 08:44:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Ringworld re-re-revisited
From: Bill Pragnell
Date: 28 Oct 2005 07:20:01
Message: <web.43620927ca18a3ea731f01d10@news.povray.org>
"Stefan Persson" <azy### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> Both of your WIPs are great.
> I've been thinking a bit about having a go
> at Rama.. But, I need to read it again
> before that.
It's useful having such technically-minded authors - they provide complete
blueprints in prose, with dimensions and everything. It's almost as if they
knew that one day ppl like us would sit down in front of our difference
engines and build their creations as virtual realty...

> Both these posts inspired me to
> get in gear :)
Why did I come back to using POV after 4+ years of inactivity? Inspiration
gained from lurking here, of course... :)

Bill