POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Parabolic mirror 2 : Re: Parabolic mirror 2 Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:32:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Parabolic mirror 2
From: Cousin Ricky
Date: 25 May 2005 13:05:01
Message: <web.4294af1e408416d1755fa2580@news.povray.org>
"Catseye" <jpf### [at] comcastnet> wrote:
> Ricky,
>
> Ever try to build a POV virtual Newtonian telescope and image a distant
> object through an eyepiece?  I've had good success with the scope and
> (Primary & Secondary) mirrors but haven't tried to build an eyepiece "lens"
> system yet.

I've done the parabolic primary with good results.  It was just a quick
proof-of-concept thing, so i didn't bother with the secondary or eyepiece.
Parabolic reflection is straightforward, but designing a multiple lens
system requires, um, library books and math.  The secondary would also have
been straightforward, but i didn't see the point without an eyepiece.

Warp's project interested me, because i had once tried to trace the path of
a ray of light through a brilliant round cut diamond.