POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Late website update? : Re: Late website update? Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:46:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Late website update?
From: The Mad Hatter
Date: 5 Apr 2005 01:50:01
Message: <web.4252266da245294e721eaaf60@news.povray.org>
I did not enter the last competition, but I would like to at least see the
results.  I enjoy seeing how different images were rated.  Also people's
comments are interesting.  Well, they WERE interesting at least years ago
when the IRTC was huge.  Maybe if there is such a time problem with web
updates the length for submissions should be changed after all.  Maybe make
Stills 3 month's in turn around, like the CGTALK challenges.  The entrists
are growing there at a geometric rate still, so they must be doing
SOMETHING right :P  This way the web admins will not have to contribut as
much work for the update.

That aside, I will definitely try to enter the Catastrophy competition.  Not
sure if it will make much difference in our total count, but I admit time
flys and I was surprised to see how long I went without adding any new
work.  One of the first contests I ever found when new to CG was the IRTC.
I am glad to see it's still going on.  However when the current contest is
over half completed, and the web site informs all new members here that it
is still doing voting for the last contest, people start getting suspicious
and confused.