POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? : Re: IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? Server Time
23 Apr 2024 14:55:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: IRTC POV-Ray Bonus?
From: Renderdog
Date: 26 Feb 2005 17:00:00
Message: <web.4220f072ea4b740d28117bc10@news.povray.org>
Thanks for your input, Jim. I'd like to make the bonus as
inclusive as possible. My main goal is to encourage people
to use POV-Ray and share their work, not make the event
more competitive or limit artistic creativity.

Here's my first pass on judging criteria:

1) Source code must be submitted with the entry to the IRTC
(not including huge meshes, copyrighted models, etc)

2) A tutorial or "Making of" on the web is encouraged
(begun before the bonus award, maybe at the new POV-Ray Wiki)

3) New, innovative and/or useful macros will score well

4) Well-commented POV-Ray code is a plus

5) The image does not have to score highly in the IRTC judging

6) MegaPOV code and external modelers are okay

7) Use of other's code and models will not be penalized
(The very reason I want people to share their work)

8)  In the event of a tie, two $100 bonuses will be awarded
(I'm sure three-way ties will be very rare :-)

How's that look?