POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? : IRTC POV-Ray Bonus? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 23:43:42 EDT (-0400)
  IRTC POV-Ray Bonus?
From: Renderdog
Date: 25 Feb 2005 20:15:01
Message: <web.421fcc45a573fc43538b7d3c0@news.povray.org>
Just before POVComp was announced I had an idea to award a POV-Ray bonus to
encourage more people to enter the IRTC Stills competition. I shelved the
idea, but now I'd like to carry it forward, beginning with the upcoming
March-April competition. Before I make any official announcement I thought
I'd post here to judge the interest, response, and possible objections.

Basically I could award $100 to one POV-Ray image in each round of the
Stills competition. To motivate artists to donate their POV-Ray source,
only entries that include their POV-Ray source code would be eligible. The
bonus would be awarded one month after the entry deadline (May 31 for the
upcoming March-April round).

What do you think?