POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Plz explain : Plz explain Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:56:13 EDT (-0400)
  Plz explain
From: swampee
Date: 18 Feb 2005 11:25:00
Message: <web.421615fea5e4da17598183eb0@news.povray.org>
POV Team;
Just some observations.

 I thought when the rules said POV and POV only( except for convert to
jpeg), that all others were excluded. I took by implication that this
contest was about what POV could be used to produce. Yet several entrants
seemed to use products all over the digital picture map.

The Judges seemed to be overly critical. A contest like this should show
from the positive responses more of the good things that the judges liked
and fewer negative things. This is to say the judging should be an
accumulation of good things and bad things weighted between the entries to
show where good and right is more than what was bad.

There should be two divisions. Art from an art major's point of view and a
division on technical art for those with more computer finesse.

Thanks muchly,

swampee