POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Hows it all going- 4days to go : Re: Hows it all going- 4days to go Server Time
20 Apr 2024 06:53:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hows it all going- 4days to go
From: Emperor Pygosceles
Date: 13 Oct 2004 10:00:00
Message: <web.416d345a5a9c4f987d21ba300@news.povray.org>
"Vladimir" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Im just doing some final tweaking to my image. Its not nearly as good as I
> had first planned but I guess changing computers and moving house were
> always going to take a lot of time. I have given up on my media idea, dont
> think I have enough time left to render it with that. My original plan was
> to use every feature in povray but I kinna abandoned that after some
> experiments.
>
> How is everybody else getting on?

Ugh.  It appears that nearly everyone who responds to this question has some
sad tale to relate.  I started my project about a month ago (still trying
to learn how to use POV-Ray) and since then have changed the theme three
times without having made significant progress.  Every spare moment of mine
gets devoured by some problem or other.  Even though I'm almost done with
my final project (~90%), there's no way I can finish in time...  Or is
there?  I guess at this point it just depends on how long the final render
takes. Considering the sporadic tides of homework, my chances of even
getting a finished entry in are practically nil.

Yep.  Another potential entrant demoted to an onlooker.  Can't wait to see
what the remaining three people who haven't dropped out will come up with!