POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : Rules violations? : Rules violations? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 18:56:31 EDT (-0400)
  Rules violations?
From: gonzo
Date: 9 Sep 2004 17:15:00
Message: <web.4140c7366792624ba0c272b50@news.povray.org>
A couple of images in this round have comments in the textfiles indicating
techniques that I'm not sure are violations or not.

"desertca.jpg" has lens flare added, but doesn't say how.  Does anyone know
if Vue De Espirit has a built in lens flare tool, or would that have to be
post processed?

"irtc4.jpg" states that it had color correction done in photoshop. The image
looks like the color was filtered through an amber filter. While I know the
rules permit certain corrections, to me that goes beyond the corrections
that would be "normal" such as contrast, brightness or gamma, since it
would alter the image produced by the renderer. What does everyone else
think?

RG