POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Detail Views : Re: Detail Views Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:57:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Detail Views
From: Renderdog
Date: 26 Aug 2004 14:15:00
Message: <web.412e277f2c3552b96bcddb6d0@news.povray.org>
"Jeremy M. Praay"  wrote:
> Have I interpreted that (in)correctly?

It looks like a correct interpretation to me. That's a lot of
rendering for a contest not much longer than an IRTC round,
especially since many of us will want to push the envelope on
features, etc.

Not to highjack this new thread, but I also have a question
relating to the image sizes...

I notice the guidelines state an image larger than 1600x1200
will be scaled down to screen size for judging. I've decided on
an image that will be around 1.4* taller than it is wide. To meet
the minimum pixel count of 1,228,800 my submission will be
more than 1200 pixels tall, so it will be scaled down to 1200
pixels tall for judging.

The resulting image will be about 857 pixels wide (1200/1.4),
which means tall images will be judged at a lower pixel count
than wide images (unless they're really wide). Am I interpreting
this rule correctly?

The full size image will still be used as additional information,
just like the separate detail views, but I wonder if this puts tall
images at a disadvantage in the judging?

-Mark Slone