POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.competition : Post-Processing... : Re: Post-Processing... Server Time
23 Apr 2024 15:31:31 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Post-Processing...
From: Plastic Chicken
Date: 16 Aug 2004 21:20:00
Message: <web.41215c613a9e715e3073eb6a0@news.povray.org>
"Eli" <eli### [at] jehoelnet> wrote:
> Depends on how many years such a render would take on one single machine of
> course :)
>
> What if a rendering can only be verified if one has access to say 200
> machines? (Yes, I know that I'm really theoretical here :-) )

Well I'm running on a 700Mhz G4 with a 100Mhz bus, and I'm trying to beat
the uptime of our local nuke plant, so I'm not going to win any speed
competitions.  I do have access to a dual 867Mhz and a single 1Ghz, but
it'd be best if I could use them all.

So is distributing the render in such a way within the rules?