POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : AVI file as background or backdrop : Re: AVI file as background or backdrop Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:12:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AVI file as background or backdrop
From: nomail
Date: 24 Jun 2004 03:10:01
Message: <web.40da7df76c19b690c60dd8760@news.povray.org>
Warp and Alain,

Thanks a lot for your advices! I now have things running the way you
proposed! The only thing that bothers me is the absence of the possibility
to have a background image in stead of background color, so for the time
being I'll have to do it with a plane as background.
What I had to do is to define the plane (with an image of 720 * 576, DV PAL)
in such a way that it fills the resulting POV end image (also 720 * 576), I
did this on an experimental basis, is there an easy rule for this?

Next to that: I developed a VB program that allows images to be superimposed
on AVI footage made by Digital Video camera, where the position of the
image can be locked to a certain objectposition on the AVI. The program
does some image analysis in order to automatically trace the object in the
AVI, so for instance I can place a tree somewhere on the ground and this
tree will stay on it's virtual place no matter the movement of the camera.
(see www.stabilize.tk for a demoversion of this program called VMT). Now I
would like to adjust the program that it also can place animations on the
AVI footage, using POV. In my test this already works! What I do in VMT is
to point at the position where I like to place the POV object. VMT then
traces this position and a.o. outputs a datafile where the X and Y position
of the indicated point. These data then should be used by POV to translate
the object to the correct position of the point in different frames.
The X and Y positions are in DV coordinates (1-720, 1-576). How to best
recalculate these coordinates for the translation?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Hans