POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.documentation.inbuilt : using a helix_1 as a coil or helical spring, what is the Parameter P1 exact= : using a helix_1 as a coil or helical spring, what is the Parameter P1 exact= Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:33:54 EDT (-0400)
  using a helix_1 as a coil or helical spring, what is the Parameter P1 exact=
From: rossy
Date: 7 Jan 2004 12:20:01
Message: <web.3ffc3ea4b75066f8a840cd570@news.povray.org>
Hallo

it follows a cut out of the User Manual:
f_helix1(x,y,z, P0, P1, P2, P3, P4, P5, P6)

P0 : Number of helixes - e.g. 2 for a double helix
P1 : Period - is related to the number of turns per unit length
P2 : Minor radius (major radius > minor radius)
P3 : Major radius
P4 : Shape parameter. If this is greater than 1 then the tube becomes fatter
in the y direction
P5 : Cross section type
P6 : Cross section rotation angle (degrees)
What does "is related to the number of turns per unit length " exactly mean.

a movie of a moving coil spring.

coil spring but the same number of windings.
hopefully someone is able to help me, its very urgent!!
I want to use it for a presentation of my final career project
Thanks
Martin alias rossy