POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Interpolation of Frames : Re: Interpolation of Frames Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:15:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Interpolation of Frames
From: aqsp47
Date: 10 Nov 2003 16:05:01
Message: <web.3faffd0b54c447a729edaf5c0@news.povray.org>
Thanks for the replies!

I am familiar with the Povray clock variable and it's potential - the
problem is that the changes which my objects make from frame-to-frame are
not something that can be calculated in Povray - they are calculated
through molecular modelling software, which spits out 30 sets of atomic
co-ordinates. The transition between frames is not something I can do in
Povray. I was therefore hoping that Povray may be able to take a Povray
representation of my atomic co-ordinates (union of shapes) and interpolate
it with another representation.

The spline idea sounds interesting - the only issue I can see with this is
that each of the 30 frames does not necessarily contain the same number of
shapes - for example, parts will bend, rotate etc... without preserving the
number of objects.

Cheers!