POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Animation Problem : Re: Animation Problem Server Time
27 Sep 2024 18:24:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Animation Problem
From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 11 May 2004 18:59:24
Message: <vlm2a0p1duah369rer9c4jjoeojbvqklce@4ax.com>
On Tue, 11 May 2004 17:19:37 EDT, "CFM" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>BTW, since I'm required to download certain animation software such as
>animtxt.zip, povtick2.zip, dta204.zip, and playflc.zip, is it possible I
>can use winzip without having to pay for it? My evaluation period of 30
>days ran out some time ago.
>
>Also, the dta204.zip link is broken. What's the site for that so I can
>download it?

You can use Winzip for as long as you like. Just press "Use Evaluation
Version" Button every time you use it. Since you are using Winzip It
might be better if you used something like TMPGEnc to make your
animations,
http://www.tmpgenc.net/e_main2.html
Or VideoMach
http://gromada.com/VideoMach_dl.html

dta204 is a DOS program If I Remember Correctly so a windows program
might be easier to use if you are just starting out.
If you want to create a directory, In windows Explorer or My computer
go where you want the directory. In the Menu bar Click File > New >
Folder
Then Name it what you want.
It might be better if when starting with POV-Ray to post in
Povray.newusers
It might be better to start with still images before moving onto
animations. Just to get the feel for Pov-Ray.
BTW Welcome :-}

Regards
        Stephen