POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.stills : TC-RTC Stills Competition November 2008 : Re: TC-RTC Stills Competition November 2008 Server Time
25 Apr 2024 17:07:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: TC-RTC Stills Competition November 2008
From: Stephen
Date: 1 Jan 2009 07:02:25
Message: <tbbpl49h56lrvj703si5vgkpnf0flm2km7@4ax.com>
On Thu, 1 Jan 2009 11:16:48 -0000, "St." <dot### [at] dotcom> wrote:

>> The well known *Year 2009* bug, I assume :)
>
>    Could be! :)  No, I'm not sure about that extra second because I guess
>our computers also took the extra second into account?

I doubt it unless your computer is set up to download the correct time from an
online site. (Computers are the most expensive, inaccurate clocks that I know
of.)

>If so, then surely
>the web code would still work as intended?

I was joking :)

>> And there was a slight "male-chicken up" in the animations, too. An extra
>> 20-20-20 was added to both entries.
>
>  No, don't forget that the same rule applies to both challenges where you
>have to rate all other entries, and you both did.

I think that there is a little bit of logic missing from Colin's code.

If individual voter does not vote for all entries {except their own (if any)}
then discount their votes. Should be the only rule here IM(Not So)HO.
I don't see the need for adding the 20-20-20 now every member can vote.

BTW Thanks for sending the reminder to vote for the animations, out.

--

Regards
     Stephen