POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.dos : Still using Moray DOS : Re: Still using Moray DOS Server Time
25 Apr 2024 15:47:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Still using Moray DOS
From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Date: 24 May 2000 05:56:33
Message: <re9nis83vos028r3nucpth39c25g4n9nrt@4ax.com>
Hi Ken Matassa, you recently wrote in moray.dos:

> Because windows sucks ...
While I don't think that Windows is the best thing since sliced bread,
and it has its deficiencies, I certainly don't think it sucks....

And Moray For Windows is much faster and easier to develop under
Windows.

> a Linux port of Moray will be in the offing.
Don't hold your breath. Developing complex GUI programs for Linux
sucks. You have a myriad of GUI toolkits, libraries and compilers to
choose from and you still can't be sure that all Linux users can run
the binaries.

And only now are we slowly beginning to see a half-way decent
integrated development (KDevelop) for C++ programming that Windows has
had for years (Borland C, Visual C++).

Anyway, we are keeping an eye on Linux development, but no promises.
I think VMWare ($$) (www.vmware.com) is currently your best bet for
running Moray under Linux.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom