POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Povray on a Xeon processor Server Time
28 Mar 2024 18:13:32 EDT (-0400)
  Povray on a Xeon processor (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Jos leys
Subject: Povray on a Xeon processor
Date: 2 May 2015 13:15:07
Message: <web.55450520318f41c823a759e90@news.povray.org>
I am considering buying a very powerful desktop for my animation rendering jobs.
As this is a heavy investment, I'd like to make sure it is worth it. I have been
looking for benchmark results on the web, but they are hard to find.

I'm currently looking at a Dual Xeon E5-2690 v3 system.

My current system is I7-4702MQ, and my benchmark results give me 1155.20 PPS for
the standard 3.7 benchmark. ( 227 seconds for the render) I would like this to
be four times better...

Does anyone have any experience with Povray on such Xeon processors (maybe not
the exact same, but in the 26xx family?

Thanks, Jos

Post a reply to this message

> I have been looking for benchmark results on the web, but they are hard to find.

 From 2013 but includes results for 2 x E5-2690 and several i7 systems:

http://www.anandtech.com/show/7189/choosing-a-gaming-cpu-september-2013/5

Post a reply to this message