POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : No editor colors? Server Time: 17 Jan 2019 03:16:51 GMT
  No editor colors? (Message 1 to 4 of 4)  
From: Bald Eagle
Subject: No editor colors?
Date: 24 Oct 2014 01:05:01
Message: <web.5449a579496265b85e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
Just opened a file and none of the SDL text is colored.
I've opened this file multiple times in the past, and this is the first time
anything like this has happened.
I closed POV-Ray and reopened it, but still no colors.
It's a .pov file...

Strange.


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: No editor colors?
Date: 24 Oct 2014 03:31:25
Message: <5449c80d$1@news.povray.org>
Am 24.10.2014 03:03, schrieb Bald Eagle:
>
> Just opened a file and none of the SDL text is colored.
> I've opened this file multiple times in the past, and this is the first time
> anything like this has happened.
> I closed POV-Ray and reopened it, but still no colors.
> It's a .pov file...

Maybe you accidently pressed some key combo that messed up the editor 
settings - either for all files, or for /this/ particular file: POV-Ray 
tracks file-specific editor settings for the most recently opened files.


Post a reply to this message

From: Bald Eagle
Subject: Re: No editor colors?
Date: 24 Oct 2014 04:00:02
Message: <web.5449ce608b53c1b65e7df57c0@news.povray.org>
clipka <ano### [at] anonymousorg> wrote:
> Am 24.10.2014 03:03, schrieb Bald Eagle:

> Maybe you accidently pressed some key combo that messed up the editor
> settings - either for all files, or for /this/ particular file:

Once again demonstrating my astounding ability to intuitively sense a software's
weakness and then dealing it the 10-Finger Death Punch.

> POV-Ray
> tracks file-specific editor settings for the most recently opened files.

Excellent.
I searched in the Program Files subdirectory
and the POV-Ray 3.7 subdirectories
Setting in Editor Preferences / color schemes all seemed normal

Any ideas where the file-specific editor settings are stored?  All the other
files seem normal, so I'm guessing (hoping) it's only this one.

I suppose if all else fails, I can just rename it...


Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: No editor colors?
Date: 26 Oct 2014 07:22:10
Message: <544ca122@news.povray.org>
Am 24.10.2014 05:58, schrieb Bald Eagle:

>> POV-Ray
>> tracks file-specific editor settings for the most recently opened files.
>
> Excellent.
> I searched in the Program Files subdirectory
> and the POV-Ray 3.7 subdirectories
> Setting in Editor Preferences / color schemes all seemed normal
>
> Any ideas where the file-specific editor settings are stored?  All the other
> files seem normal, so I'm guessing (hoping) it's only this one.

This information is stored in the registry, at:

     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.7\POV-Edit\Open
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.7\POV-Edit\Recent
     HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\POV-Ray\v3.7\POV-Edit\Older

You'd have to either...

... (A) close POV-Ray, then delete the respective entry from whichever 
of these registry keys it is listed in, ...

... (B) within POV-Ray, close the file, then open and close 40 different 
other files to "flush" it out of the registry...


> I suppose if all else fails, I can just rename it...

... or (C) that (but do /not/ use "save as..." for this purpose ;-)).


Post a reply to this message

Copyright 2003-2008 Persistence of Vision Raytracer Pty. Ltd.