POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Keyboard shortcut for show/hide render window? Server Time
17 Apr 2024 23:09:53 EDT (-0400)
  Keyboard shortcut for show/hide render window? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Wiering
Subject: Keyboard shortcut for show/hide render window?
Date: 13 Oct 2014 18:40:01
Message: <web.543c53cdafb02fa0c9d8b8ab0@news.povray.org>
I just installed POV-Ray again after years, now on Windows 8.1 and I am unable
to close the render window using the keyboard. The option to make it get focus
(Options, Render Window, Get Focus on Creation) doesn't work. It used to work on
my previous computer with Vista (not sure which version of POV-Ray that was) and
I could close it with Alt+F4.

It's really annoying to have to use the mouse every time just to get that window
out of the way. I know there is autoclose, but I do want to see the image before
it closes. Any ideas?

Post a reply to this message

> I just installed POV-Ray again after years, now on Windows 8.1 and I am unable
> to close the render window using the keyboard. The option to make it get focus
> (Options, Render Window, Get Focus on Creation) doesn't work. It used to work on
> my previous computer with Vista (not sure which version of POV-Ray that was) and
> I could close it with Alt+F4.
>
> It's really annoying to have to use the mouse every time just to get that window
> out of the way. I know there is autoclose, but I do want to see the image before
> it closes. Any ideas?

Have you tried Alt+F4? That works in Win 8.1
You might possibly need to do a Ctrl+Tab to get the focus.

--

Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I just installed POV-Ray again after years, now on Windows 8.1 and I am unable
> to close the render window using the keyboard. The option to make it get focus
> (Options, Render Window, Get Focus on Creation) doesn't work. It used to work on
> my previous computer with Vista (not sure which version of POV-Ray that was) and
> I could close it with Alt+F4.

The following key sequence should close the render window:

     "Alt+o", then "r", then "c"