POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : installation issue for povray 3.7 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:01:26 EDT (-0400)
  installation issue for povray 3.7 (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: aluongo
Subject: installation issue for povray 3.7
Date: 7 Dec 2013 04:45:01
Message: <web.52a2edb33eecc2d81ffaec9b0@news.povray.org>
Hi,
i installed the povray 3.7 on windows (both XP and vista) and i've seen the link
created on the desktop point to a wrong filename. i've pvengine-sse2.exe instead
of pvengine32-sse2.exe

HTH

Achille

Post a reply to this message

> i installed the povray 3.7 on windows (both XP and vista) and i've seen the link
> created on the desktop point to a wrong filename. i've pvengine-sse2.exe instead

Thanks for bringing this to our attention; it will be fixed.

regards,

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> i installed the povray 3.7 on windows (both XP and vista) and i've seen the link
> created on the desktop point to a wrong filename. i've pvengine-sse2.exe instead
> of pvengine32-sse2.exe
>
> HTH
>
> Achille

I second this issue (Win 7/32). However, the opposite
case. I have pvengine32-sse2.exe and the created shortcuts pointed to
pvengine-sse2.exe.

Post a reply to this message

"Tamas Gunda" <gen### [at] yahoocom> wrote:
> "aluongo" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > Hi,
> > i installed the povray 3.7 on windows (both XP and vista) and i've seen the link
> > created on the desktop point to a wrong filename. i've pvengine-sse2.exe instead
> > of pvengine32-sse2.exe
> >
> > HTH
> >
> > Achille
>
> I second this issue (Win 7/32). However, the opposite
> case. I have pvengine32-sse2.exe and the created shortcuts pointed to
> pvengine-sse2.exe.

July 2016 and the same problem is still there (Windows XP and POV-Ray 3.7).
Anyone who can't figure out the relatively easy fix will not be able to install
and run the program.