POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How kill IDLE using command line? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 05:47:15 EDT (-0400)
  How kill IDLE using command line? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: LanuHum
Subject: How kill IDLE using command line?
Date: 31 Aug 2013 07:10:01
Message: <web.5221cbf7299c68557a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>
How automatically close IDLE window after rendering ???
Open OS Windows - 100000 problem add :)
-d this is not that. -d - not open render window, but subprocess.wait() closing
IDLE.
Why opens if the command line is used?
It is very serious bug :)

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: How kill IDLE using command line?
Date: 31 Aug 2013 10:42:36
Message: <522200dc$1@news.povray.org>
Am 31.08.2013 13:08, schrieb LanuHum:
> How automatically close IDLE window after rendering ???
> Open OS Windows - 100000 problem add :)
> -d this is not that. -d - not open render window, but subprocess.wait() closing
> IDLE.
> Why opens if the command line is used?
> It is very serious bug :)

AFAIK It's currently not possible to automatically close POV-Ray for
Windows after rendering; however, if you have thousands of images to
render (and for some reason can't make use of the animation feature),
you can avoid that many windows to open by using POV-Ray's "keep single
instance" option.

As long as all the images have the same resolution, I'd suggest trying
to use the animation feature though.

Post a reply to this message

> > How automatically close IDLE window after rendering ???
> > Open OS Windows - 100000 problem add :)
> > -d this is not that. -d - not open render window, but subprocess.wait() closing
> > IDLE.
> > Why opens if the command line is used?
> > It is very serious bug :)
>
> AFAIK It's currently not possible to automatically close POV-Ray for
> Windows after rendering; however, if you have thousands of images to
> render (and for some reason can't make use of the animation feature),
> you can avoid that many windows to open by using POV-Ray's "keep single
> instance" option.
>
> As long as all the images have the same resolution, I'd suggest trying
> to use the animation feature though.

I use povray also for texture preview.
Look:
http://yadi.sk/d/2dGKINsP8XpWI
In Linux - very good option -d. Process in shadow. Press button "update
preview", wait 3-5 s, image 256x256 automatically opens in small preview
viewport in Blender
In Windows: Press button "update preview", public open IDLE, user press quit
IDLE, only then image 256x256 automatically opens in small preview viewport in
Blender.Inconveniently, ugly, roughly, not on the feng-shui(geomantic (omen))

Post a reply to this message

Le 31/08/2013 18:55, LanuHum nous fit lire :
>> Am 31.08.2013 13:08, schrieb LanuHum:
>>> How automatically close IDLE window after rendering ???
>>> Open OS Windows - 100000 problem add :)
>>> -d this is not that. -d - not open render window, but subprocess.wait() closing
>>> IDLE.
>>> Why opens if the command line is used?
>>> It is very serious bug :)
>>
>> AFAIK It's currently not possible to automatically close POV-Ray for
>> Windows after rendering; however, if you have thousands of images to
>> render (and for some reason can't make use of the animation feature),
>> you can avoid that many windows to open by using POV-Ray's "keep single
>> instance" option.
>>
>> As long as all the images have the same resolution, I'd suggest trying
>> to use the animation feature though.
>
> I use povray also for texture preview.
> Look:
> http://yadi.sk/d/2dGKINsP8XpWI
> In Linux - very good option -d. Process in shadow. Press button "update
> preview", wait 3-5 s, image 256x256 automatically opens in small preview
> viewport in Blender
> In Windows: Press button "update preview", public open IDLE, user press quit
> IDLE, only then image 256x256 automatically opens in small preview viewport in
> Blender.Inconveniently, ugly, roughly, not on the feng-shui(geomantic (omen))

It seems someone need a /EXIT on the command line so that *Blender*
behave the same way on Linux and Windows.

At least that information of context is coming only after 3 messages.

(Or did the 3.7 windows version get a removed /EXIT ?)

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 31 Aug 2013 14:12:03
Message: <522231f3$1@news.povray.org>
On 1/09/2013 04:00, Le_Forgeron wrote:
> (Or did the 3.7 windows version get a removed /EXIT ?)

no, it is still there and works as it did in the past.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: Chris Cason
Date: 31 Aug 2013 14:28:36
Message: <522235d4$1@news.povray.org>
On 31/08/2013 21:08, LanuHum wrote:
> How automatically close IDLE window after rendering ???
> Open OS Windows - 100000 problem add :)
> -d this is not that. -d - not open render window, but subprocess.wait() closing
> IDLE.
> Why opens if the command line is used?
> It is very serious bug :)

Not a bug, it is working as documented in the manual.

  http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Windows_Section_3

See the above for how to make it exit.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

From: LanuHum
Date: 31 Aug 2013 15:30:01
Message: <web.5222441ce42918d7a3e03fe0@news.povray.org>

> Not a bug, it is working as documented in the manual.
>
>   http://wiki.povray.org/content/Documentation:Windows_Section_3
>
> See the above for how to make it exit.
>
> -- Chris

Thanks, I found an option in GUI!
Render\On completion\Exit Povray for Windows
Gui close after render!
Very,very good! :)