POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Starting POV-Ray Miniized - POV-Ray 3.6 Windows Edition Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:12:05 EDT (-0400)
  Starting POV-Ray Miniized - POV-Ray 3.6 Windows Edition (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Peter
Subject: Starting POV-Ray Miniized - POV-Ray 3.6 Windows Edition
Date: 26 Jul 2013 14:30:01
Message: <web.51f2c0097a388d5faf3d580b0@news.povray.org>
Hi, I am running a sequence of pov files from the command line using a batch
file and I'm trying to determine if there is a way to get pov-ray to start
minimized (or even better in the system tray). Looking for either a command line
argument or switch OR a way to specify this in the ini file. Things work fine as
they are, but with each frame only taking a few seconds to render I have windows
opening and closing like crazy and since the animation is 20500 frames (and I
have 16 animations!) I was looking for an easy way to start minimized (to avoid
the constantly popping up windows).

Thanks in advance,

Peter

Post a reply to this message

> Hi, I am running a sequence of pov files from the command line using a batch
> file and I'm trying to determine if there is a way to get pov-ray to start
> minimized (or even better in the system tray). Looking for either a command line
> argument or switch OR a way to specify this in the ini file. Things work fine as
> they are, but with each frame only taking a few seconds to render I have windows
> opening and closing like crazy and since the animation is 20500 frames (and I
> have 16 animations!) I was looking for an easy way to start minimized (to avoid
> the constantly popping up windows).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Peter

Render with the -d option. This will suppress the render window for the
entire animation.
Now, simply start your animation and minimise the main window.

Not that you won't be able to make the render window visible to check
the progress. You'll need to use any external image viewer.

Alain

Post a reply to this message

  I have done the -d option in my batch file method as it is closing a starting
a new POV-Ray window for eatch POV file to be rendered. However, I am trying the
animation feature now (your second suggestion in my other post).

Thans for all of your help (in this and other post)

Peter