POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Output_File_Name -- quoted string question Server Time
28 Mar 2024 12:11:52 EDT (-0400)
  Output_File_Name -- quoted string question (Message 1 to 10 of 16)
From: Kenneth
Subject: Output_File_Name -- quoted string question
Date: 12 May 2013 08:20:02
Message: <web.518f8756a19a1fd1c2d977c20@news.povray.org>
In Windows XP:

Could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong with the following quickres.ini code
that I'm using? It *works* OK (specifying a folder to put my rendered image in)
but I get an annoying non-fatal error message at the end of a render, "Most
likely detected an unquoted string with spaces in INI file..."  (Same behavior
in 3.62 and 3.7RC7) Sorry if the code doesn't fit on one line:

Output_File_Name=c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\POV-Ray\v3.6\tests\

I can see that there are "unquoted strings with spaces" (I think!), and I've
tried all sorts of quotes and slashes as a remedy; but they all cause one
problem or another. I've been living with this for years (and ignoring it); but
it's high time I fixed the problem.

Post a reply to this message

In my own povray.ini file, I write these things between quotes:

Output_File_Name = "c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
Documents\POV-Ray\v3.6\tests\"

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Output_File_Name=c:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My
> Documents\POV-Ray\v3.6\tests\

Try

Output_File_Name="c:\\Documents and Settings\\Owner\\My
Documents\\POV-Ray\\v3.6\\tests\\"

This works for me.
Not that I use this method, myself. :-)

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> Output_File_Name="c:\\Documents and Settings\\Owner\\My
> Documents\\POV-Ray\\v3.6\\tests\\"
>

> This works for me.
> Not that I use this method, myself. :-)

It also works with "\" instead of "\\" as Thomas posted.

--
Regards
     Stephen

Post a reply to this message