POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : RC4 and RC5 installer fails on Windows XP64 Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:20:14 EDT (-0400)
  RC4 and RC5 installer fails on Windows XP64 (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: LucasGrijander
Subject: RC4 and RC5 installer fails on Windows XP64
Date: 25 Mar 2012 17:55:00
Message: <web.4f6f93459bebf1367b7dc9fc0@news.povray.org>
The installers up to RC3 work fine, but the new installer does not work on
Windows XP64.

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: RC4 and RC5 installer fails on Windows XP64
Date: 26 Mar 2012 11:01:58
Message: <4f7084e6@news.povray.org>

> The installers up to RC3 work fine, but the new installer does not work on
> Windows XP64.

That's the first report stating that. Others have successfully installed
RC5 on Windows 7 64bits.
Did you try clearing your internet cache and downloading again?

Post a reply to this message

>> The installers up to RC3 work fine, but the new installer does not
>> work on
>> Windows XP64.
>
> That's the first report stating that. Others have successfully installed
> RC5 on Windows 7 64bits.
> Did you try clearing your internet cache and downloading again?

Bear in mind that Windows XP64 is a 64-bit Windows, but it's not Windows 7.

Post a reply to this message

> > The installers up to RC3 work fine, but the new installer does not work on
> > Windows XP64.
> >

> That's the first report stating that. Others have successfully installed
> RC5 on Windows 7 64bits.
> Did you try clearing your internet cache and downloading again?

Yes, I downloaded it from different computers WinXP64 SP2 and the installer
crashes in the two computers, one is a Q6600 and the other a Dual Xeon. The RC4
and the RC5 have the same behaviour.

Post a reply to this message

>>> The installers up to RC3 work fine, but the new installer does not work on
>>> Windows XP64.
>>>

>> That's the first report stating that. Others have successfully installed
>> RC5 on Windows 7 64bits.
>> Did you try clearing your internet cache and downloading again?
>
> Yes, I downloaded it from different computers WinXP64 SP2 and the installer
> crashes in the two computers, one is a Q6600 and the other a Dual Xeon. The RC4
> and the RC5 have the same behaviour.

So, probably an WinXP64 specific isue. Is there a SP3 for WinXP64? If
there is one, it may be worth installing it and see if the problem is
still there.

Post a reply to this message

> So, probably an WinXP64 specific isue. Is there a SP3 for WinXP64? If
> there is one, it may be worth installing it and see if the problem is
> still there.

I suspect I know what the issue is, and if I'm right it's not SP
related. I expect to have a fixed installer shortly.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> >> That's the first report stating that. Others have successfully installed
> >> RC5 on Windows 7 64bits.
> >> Did you try clearing your internet cache and downloading again?
> >
> > Yes, I downloaded it from different computers WinXP64 SP2 and the installer
> > crashes in the two computers, one is a Q6600 and the other a Dual Xeon. The RC4
> > and the RC5 have the same behaviour.
> >

> So, probably an WinXP64 specific isue. Is there a SP3 for WinXP64? If
> there is one, it may be worth installing it and see if the problem is
> still there.

There is no SP3 for Windows XP64, only up to SP2.

Post a reply to this message

> > So, probably an WinXP64 specific isue. Is there a SP3 for WinXP64? If
> > there is one, it may be worth installing it and see if the problem is
> > still there.
>
> I suspect I know what the issue is, and if I'm right it's not SP
> related. I expect to have a fixed installer shortly.
>
> -- Chris

Fixed and verified in RC6, thank you.