POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Context menu open file v. copy to command line Server Time
29 Mar 2024 11:19:13 EDT (-0400)
  Context menu open file v. copy to command line (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Cousin Ricky
Subject: Context menu open file v. copy to command line
Date: 27 Sep 2011 18:05:00
Message: <web.4e82480193b656f385de7b680@news.povray.org>
If I have a command line with a quoted string, the editor interprets the line as
an #include directive.  For example, if I have

   //cmd:-a declare=Pass=1 +rf"foo.rad" +rfo
   //cmd:+a declare=Pass=2 +rf"foo.rad" +rfi

instead of copying line to the command field, the editor opens the foo.rad file.

This happens in POV-Ray 3.6.2 and 3.7.

My OS is the infinitely exasperating Windows 7 Ultimate.

Post a reply to this message

"Cousin Ricky" <rickysttATyahooDOTcom> wrote:
> If I have a command line with a quoted string, the editor interprets the line as
> an #include directive.  For example, if I have
>
>    //cmd:-a declare=Pass=1 +rf"foo.rad" +rfo
>    //cmd:+a declare=Pass=2 +rf"foo.rad" +rfi
>
> instead of copying line to the command field, the editor opens the foo.rad file.

Additional information:

If I right-click to the right of the quoted string, it copies to the line to the
command field.  If I right-click on or to the left of the quoted string, it
opens foo.rad.

Post a reply to this message

> "Cousin Ricky"<rickysttATyahooDOTcom>  wrote:
>> If I have a command line with a quoted string, the editor interprets the line as
>> an #include directive.  For example, if I have
>>
>>     //cmd:-a declare=Pass=1 +rf"foo.rad" +rfo
>>     //cmd:+a declare=Pass=2 +rf"foo.rad" +rfi
>>
>> instead of copying line to the command field, the editor opens the foo.rad file.
>
> Additional information:
>
> If I right-click to the right of the quoted string, it copies to the line to the
> command field.  If I right-click on or to the left of the quoted string, it
> opens foo.rad.

I don't know if it is intentional, but I rather like it. I had not yet
discovered that clicking to the right of a line containing a quoted
string would copy to the command line as usual. Thanks for the tip.

Thomas