POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Raining over wet floor: any way to EXECute anything after each Run? Server Time
16 Apr 2024 06:40:35 EDT (-0400)
  Raining over wet floor: any way to EXECute anything after each Run? (Message 11 to 17 of 17)
From: syntotic
Subject: Re: Raining over wet floor: any way to EXECute anything after each Run?
Date: 11 Jan 2011 17:55:00
Message: <web.4d2cdf90d22ae2fcc4a147790@news.povray.org>
No, it is not working. Already tried all three INI, master, PVENGINE, resolution
INI, and it does not work. Notepad IS the standard for process execute in
Windows, it does not fail. In the master INI under general it is simply ignored,
in the other two the program crashes.

Of course by now I think it impossible to get a simple Dev-C++ prj file to
compile this... but then I suspect I will get the same expression error I got
the last time I attempted my own compilation in Visual Studio.

I and others ONLY need the Post_Scene_Command= directive to work to be on track.
It is far easier for a utility to check out if single instance/close on
completion POV Ray is working or not. You do not even need to disabled the
splash window. But only if after rendering POV-Ray can correctly execute the
command.

Post a reply to this message

> No, it is not working. Already tried all three INI, master, PVENGINE, resolution
> INI, and it does not work. Notepad IS the standard for process execute in
> Windows, it does not fail. In the master INI under general it is simply ignored,
> in the other two the program crashes.

So /did/ you try running a batch file? (You might actually need to call
cmd.exe)

Post a reply to this message