POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Pov Ray 3.7 Beta 39 Win64 Crash - Cannot open output file. Server Time
28 Mar 2024 10:42:48 EDT (-0400)
  Pov Ray 3.7 Beta 39 Win64 Crash - Cannot open output file. (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Dion
Subject: Pov Ray 3.7 Beta 39 Win64 Crash - Cannot open output file.
Date: 27 Nov 2010 21:50:01
Message: <web.4cf1c24e963f566b53793d520@news.povray.org>
I am rendering a scene using radiosity and a cubic spline to move a camera
through a scene and I have run into a little problem... The scene rendered 1180
out of 1375 frames just fine but when it gets to a portion of the scene where I
create a tunnel made out of cubes it crashes out and gives me the error:
Possible Parse Error: Cannot open file 'Blah blah', even after trying to append
file type extension. Then it says Parse Error: Cannot open input file.

Now, it rendered the whole scene up to this point just fine and now it spits out
this error. It starts dieing when it gets to the tunnel. The tunnel is created
with a few while statements which makes 27 cubes rotated just right to make a
loop and then the cubes alternate through 3 different colors then each next loop
offsets the color by one so it looks like the colors spiral through the
tunnel. The cubes are spaced just so that a bit of light trickles through the
spaces in between.

What I have noticed is that if I tell Povray to render a subset of frames and
start with the next frame it would have rendered before it errored out it
renders the first frame fine and then dies when it tries the next one and so on
and so forth. So I can render each frame one at a time but it won't continue
through on its own.

Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do? I'd much appreciate it. This is for
a school project so I have to get it done. I'll be up all night rendering each
scene one by one if I have to, but if there is a solution, I'll opt for that. :)

- Dion

Post a reply to this message

> Anyone have any ideas on what I need to do? I'd much appreciate it. This is for
> a school project so I have to get it done. I'll be up all night rendering each
> scene one by one if I have to, but if there is a solution, I'll opt for that. :)

Please cut this down to as small a scene/ini setup as you can to be able to
replicate it and log a job on http://bugs.povray.org/. Provided I can
replicate it, I will fix it.

-- Chris