POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 Server Time
16 Apr 2024 19:01:07 EDT (-0400)
  Install MegaPOV in Windows 7 (Message 1 to 10 of 11)
From: Marcelo
Subject: Install MegaPOV in Windows 7
Date: 10 Oct 2010 15:00:01
Message: <web.4cb20c08b5d6438a846613000@news.povray.org>
Hello everybody

I'm brazilian and my English isn't so good.

I work with electronics and I use Eagle software to design printed circuit
boards. I don't know if you know it, but using it I can create a pov file.

Using POV-Ray is very simple, but I found this website and I want to do the
same:

http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=eagle3d

My problem is that I don't know how to install/use MegaPOV.

I have downloaded MegaPOV and ran this: MegaPOV>bin>mpengine.exe

But when I try to render my scene I get this error:

Cannot open INI file
'C:\USERS\MARCELO\APPDATA\ROAMING\POV-RAY\V3.6\RENDERER\POVRAY.INI'

I tried to go to this folder in Windows Explorer, but there isn't the RENDERER
folder.

What should I do to fix this?

Post a reply to this message

> I'm brazilian and my English isn't so good.
>
> I work with electronics and I use Eagle software to design printed circuit
> boards. I don't know if you know it, but using it I can create a pov file.
>
> Using POV-Ray is very simple, but I found this website and I want to do the
> same:
>
> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=eagle3d
>
> My problem is that I don't know how to install/use MegaPOV.
>
> I have downloaded MegaPOV and ran this: MegaPOV>bin>mpengine.exe
>
> But when I try to render my scene I get this error:
>
> Cannot open INI file
> 'C:\USERS\MARCELO\APPDATA\ROAMING\POV-RAY\V3.6\RENDERER\POVRAY.INI'
>
> I tried to go to this folder in Windows Explorer, but there isn't the RENDERER
> folder.
>
> What should I do to fix this?

You need to install PovRay before MegaPOV.

But you could try using the PovRay 3.7 Beta first to see if you need
MegaPOV.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

>> I'm brazilian and my English isn't so good.

BTW Jamie is Spanish so he might be able to read Portuguese to some
extent. You could always email him.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

> I'm brazilian and my English isn't so good.
>
> I work with electronics and I use Eagle software to design printed circuit
> boards. I don't know if you know it, but using it I can create a pov file.
>
> Using POV-Ray is very simple, but I found this website and I want to do the
> same:
>
> http://www.ignorancia.org/en/index.php?page=eagle3d
>
> My problem is that I don't know how to install/use MegaPOV.
>
> I have downloaded MegaPOV and ran this: MegaPOV>bin>mpengine.exe
>
> But when I try to render my scene I get this error:
>
> Cannot open INI file
> 'C:\USERS\MARCELO\APPDATA\ROAMING\POV-RAY\V3.6\RENDERER\POVRAY.INI'
>
> I tried to go to this folder in Windows Explorer, but there isn't the RENDERER
> folder.
>
> What should I do to fix this?

Unless you use an HDRI environment, you don't need megapov.

You can use version 3.7 beta that also support HDRI.

If you realy want to use megapov, then you can create the wanted folders
OR edit the ini files of megapov to point them to the correct location.

With version 3.7, you should remove the save_file/load_file for the
radiosity data. The way of doing that have changed.

map_type 7 don't exist, you should transform the light probe to
latitude-longitude format.

Alain

Post a reply to this message