POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Difference Bug? Server Time
2 May 2024 21:34:00 EDT (-0400)
  Difference Bug? (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: scottishrob41
Subject: Difference Bug?
Date: 28 Apr 2008 17:00:00
Message: <web.48163a7957b5834cb643030@news.povray.org>
Howdy Pov-Rayers. I was curious about something I discovered while trying to
create a difference with a cylinder and a hollow box. When I try to use the
cylinder to open a hole in one side of the box, I notice the cylinder is still
visible as if I had just merged them together. I figured out playing around
with it, that the only way to get the cylinder to dissappear and leave the
difference hole in the box is to assign a 'Clear' pigment to the cylinder. Has
anyone else noticed this? Is this to be expected or is it a bug of some sort?
FYI, I am running both version 3.6.1 and the beta 3.7 on a dual core system with
1 gb Ram. Both versions give the same result. I hope someone out there can shed
some light on this. THNX.

Post a reply to this message