POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Getting in touch with algorithms Server Time
2 May 2024 17:36:44 EDT (-0400)
  Getting in touch with algorithms (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Pfingstei
Subject: Getting in touch with algorithms
Date: 18 Oct 2007 11:30:00
Message: <web.47177ac59a46c50780911b490@news.povray.org>
Hello POV Ray Community;

I have compiled my own POV Ray to test it. For that purpose I have created a
very simple Model with surface properties within the POV-Ray Editor. My
questions are:

-How does POV-Ray decide, which C++ functions have to be carried out if I
start rendering by pressing the "Run"-Button? Is it possible to follow the
process chain which is then started in POV Ray?

-How does POV Ray translate its modeling language to make it understandable
for the C++ code?

-Does anyone know universities or institutes which have experiences with POV
Ray?

Greetings!

Thanks in advance!

Post a reply to this message