POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : How to render scene from commandline ... Server Time
23 Apr 2024 03:10:31 EDT (-0400)
  How to render scene from commandline ... (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Ondrej
Subject: How to render scene from commandline ...
Date: 4 Nov 2006 11:40:00
Message: <web.454cc15ad579eefad80227fc0@news.povray.org>
How to render scene from commandline but without PovRay GUI. It's possible?

Thx

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: How to render scene from commandline ...
Date: 4 Nov 2006 19:27:41
Message: <454d2ffd@news.povray.org>
Ondrej nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 04/11/2006 11:35:
> How to render scene from commandline but without PovRay GUI. It's possible?

> Thx

Not with the windows version.

--
Alain
'The Computer made me do it.'

Post a reply to this message

From: Olaf Doschke
Date: 12 Nov 2006 09:08:21
Message: <45572ad5$1@news.povray.org>
Hi,

you can use commandline options with the
windows pvengine.exe, eg
pvengine.exe +Imy.pov will render my.pov.

But the GUI will show up. Don't know if there is
a command line switch to turn that off, if you
need that.

Bye, Olaf.

Post a reply to this message

Olaf Doschke nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 12/11/2006 09:08:
> Hi,

> you can use commandline options with the
> windows pvengine.exe, eg
> pvengine.exe +Imy.pov will render my.pov.

> But the GUI will show up. Don't know if there is
> a command line switch to turn that off, if you
> need that.

> Bye, Olaf.
There is no switch to turn it off. You can download the source code of the unix
version, compile it with a windows compatible compiler and use that executable.
The unix version is command line only and don't include the editor.

--
Alain
Wanna be lonely? Get married.

Post a reply to this message

From: Billy R
Date: 1 Dec 2006 12:55:01
Message: <web.45706be774e8bdb61db30d9c0@news.povray.org>
Pardon my ignorance, but will this work with no modification to the unix
source?

Alain <ele### [at] netscapenet> wrote:
> Olaf Doschke nous apporta ses lumieres en ce 12/11/2006 09:08:
> > Hi,
>
> > you can use commandline options with the
> > windows pvengine.exe, eg
> > pvengine.exe +Imy.pov will render my.pov.
>
> > But the GUI will show up. Don't know if there is
> > a command line switch to turn that off, if you
> > need that.
>
> > Bye, Olaf.
> There is no switch to turn it off. You can download the source code of the unix
> version, compile it with a windows compatible compiler and use that executable.
> The unix version is command line only and don't include the editor.
>
> --
> Alain
> Wanna be lonely? Get married.

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 1 Dec 2006 15:07:30
Message: <45708b81@news.povray.org>
Billy R. <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Pardon my ignorance, but will this work with no modification to the unix
> source?

  Will what work?

--
                                                          - Warp