POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Lights Server Time
18 May 2024 16:15:57 EDT (-0400)
  Lights (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: JayDee
Subject: Lights
Date: 18 Jun 2006 05:35:00
Message: <web.44951d763f10b7dea0363a630@news.povray.org>
please help me ... i'm sorry if it has been already discussed but i don't
know what to search for. I wanna render some shapes (black objects on the
black background) behind which may be Light. i need result for example
looking like eclipse of the sun .. black shape with visible shine around

thx

Post a reply to this message

> please help me ... i'm sorry if it has been already discussed but i don't
> know what to search for. I wanna render some shapes (black objects on the
> black background) behind which may be Light. i need result for example
> looking like eclipse of the sun .. black shape with visible shine around

This isn't specific to the Windows version of POV-ray, so you should've
posted in the general or new user message areas.

The usual way to achieve the effect you seek is by using an emissive media.
I'll post a short example in povray.binaries.images with the subject "Solar
Eclipse".