POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Install Problem Server Time
17 May 2024 03:39:51 EDT (-0400)
  Install Problem (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Ossa
Subject: Install Problem
Date: 31 May 2006 14:25:00
Message: <web.447ddefe90f88857e18e192e0@news.povray.org>
I've been using POV-Ray for quite a while, but just today I formatted my
computer and installed XP 64 Pro. Therefore, I thought that I'd give the
64-bit version of POV-Ray a try. Unfortunately Windows gives the following
error message:

"The image file <installer pathfilename> is valid, but is for a machine type
other than the current machine."

My computer (laptop) has an AMD Athlon 64 Mobile. I know this is full
64-bit, as:

1) I'm running Windows XP 64

2) I've already test-assembled a couple of example 64-bit programs (using
the 64-bit MASM assembler, which uses all the additional registers (both in
the GP regs and the XMMs for SSE2)

I tried re-downloading, but it was the same every time.

Anyway, any ideas, anyone?

Post a reply to this message