POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Intel SSE2 noise optimizations in POV 3.6 Server Time
17 May 2024 05:37:33 EDT (-0400)
  Intel SSE2 noise optimizations in POV 3.6 (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Micha Riser
Subject: Intel SSE2 noise optimizations in POV 3.6
Date: 28 Apr 2006 18:35:00
Message: <web.4452986df9a1193f95cba54c0@news.povray.org>
The windows source code of POV-3.5 came with a file called intelsse2.h which
provided SSE2 optimized noise computation for fasternoise.h. I noticed that
version 3.6 source code no longer provides these files. I wonder why...

Does this mean that the official windows binaries are not built using sse2
optimized noise files?

Sincerely,
- Micha

Post a reply to this message