POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : +ofile option in an .ini file gives incorrect message (minor) Server Time
17 May 2024 08:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  +ofile option in an .ini file gives incorrect message (minor) (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Smws
Subject: +ofile option in an .ini file gives incorrect message (minor)
Date: 1 Feb 2006 14:55:01
Message: <web.43e1111310d3af08f2cf7a220@news.povray.org>
When I use the +ofile option in an .ini file, POV-Ray for Windows
incorrectly tells me, after the file has rendered, that no file output was
written. I'm rendering right now, otherwise I would try to determine if
this would upset the render queue (it wouldn't, right?), which is the only
real problem I could forsee with it.

Using Output_File_Name=file makes the problem go away, though. So it's a
minor bug.

-Stefan

Post a reply to this message

"Smws" <smw### [at] poboxcom> wrote in message
> When I use the +ofile option in an .ini file, POV-Ray for Windows
> incorrectly tells me, after the file has rendered, that no file output was
> written.
>
> Using Output_File_Name=file makes the problem go away, though. So it's a
> minor bug.

Late reply here, Stefan, but I gave it a try and didn't see that happen.
Message window says it output the file, and it was where I specified. I'm
using version 3.6.1b.

Bob H