POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : PovRay installation technical problem Server Time
1 Jun 2024 19:54:58 EDT (-0400)
  PovRay installation technical problem (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: gonzo
Subject: Re: PovRay installation technical problem
Date: 4 Nov 2005 16:30:00
Message: <web.436bd1b72ca88650a0c272b50@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailbestwebmailcom> wrote:
> > > POV-Ray V6.0???
> >
> >   You didn't know about the POV-Ray 6.0 super-secret project?
> >   Damn, now the info leaked out...
> >
> >  ;)
> >
> > --
> >                                                           - Warp
>
> Is this the version that renders in eleven-dimensional hyperspace?
> Will it still run on my Pentium II?

As long as you have the appropriate BIOS upgrade, and use the secret
password...

RG

Post a reply to this message

From: sdalva
Date: 6 Nov 2005 13:30:00
Message: <web.436e4adb2ca8865081bdf2950@news.povray.org>
Same problem for me. But I've found a workaround (it's an heuristic one)

First: uninstall POV-Ray
Second: use "regedit" and delete the keys related with POV-Ray
(yes, it is supposed that an uninstall program *has to* uninstall
all references to the program, but...)
Third: Now, reinstall POV-Ray

Because it is an heuristic approach, I cannot assure it will work for you,
but I assure that it works for me.

Of course, the above steps have to be performed every time POV-Ray crashes
8o(

Hope this helps.

PS: As you can see, English is not my native language...

"Walid" <wha### [at] onlinefr> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm wondering if someone can help me please with this problem. After
> installing Megapov V1.1, POVRAY V6.0 stopped working (a message related to
> cmedit32.dll). So, I uninstalled Megapov and Povray and re-installed povray
> V6.0 again, but this time povray is not working and I have a Windows XP
> message concerning a problem with cmedit32.dll.
>
> I'm using Windows XP Home edition. Could somebody help me on this matter
> please?
>
> Regards
> Walid

Post a reply to this message

"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote:
> Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> > Nicolas Alvarez <nic### [at] gmailbestwebmailcom> wrote:
> > > POV-Ray V6.0???
> >
> >   You didn't know about the POV-Ray 6.0 super-secret project?
> >   Damn, now the info leaked out...
> >
> >  ;)
> >
> > --
> >                                                           - Warp
>
> Is this the version that renders in eleven-dimensional hyperspace?
> Will it still run on my Pentium II?

Kenneth=funny guy
got a genuine chuckle.

If it would just do the 2 features I need to run together!

"super-secret project" lol. Lets see, what would a world be like if there were
no super secret projects for obvious reason? Well maybe not so obvious to the
mentally challenged who believe in secrecy and scarcity.

The crystal ball shows me transport ships without business and coach seating.
Everyone flies first class because there is no greed and selfishness forcing an
erroneous concept of classes. What? A world without ego payoff? That's right; a
world some don't want AND don't deserve.

Who missed the part about "we're in this world together"? All the dense, obtuse
ones. They live never knowing what real people have. They aren't stupid but
extremely intelligent. They just can never really know ... the ultimate of
desire. And what might that be? Answers invariably reflect evolution. What?
Evolution? Its both. Evolution and intelligent design. And all those who want
to be right - Your wrong on both sides.

And that will lead to confusion and many will think everyone the same just some
need more time. When actually some have eternal limits in the emotional energy
output and type (expansive or contractive); dark, light and in between
(trinity).

The only expansion a dark one can achieve is monetary and techno evolution and
power over others. And a swollen head.