POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Povray DOS version required Server Time
17 May 2024 06:47:15 EDT (-0400)
  Povray DOS version required (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: SSSUTM
Subject: Povray DOS version required
Date: 12 Oct 2005 08:55:01
Message: <web.434d0709424dd5d336a46a7d0@news.povray.org>
Does it exist a dos command line version of POVRAY 3.6 or 3.6.1. I badly
need a version of povray that runs under windows, but without any GUI.

Post a reply to this message

From: Christoph Hormann
Subject: Re: Povray DOS version required
Date: 12 Oct 2005 13:45:02
Message: <dijhqn$b0c$1@chho.imagico.de>
SSSUTM wrote:
> Does it exist a dos command line version of POVRAY 3.6 or 3.6.1.

No.

> I badly
> need a version of povray that runs under windows, but without any GUI.

What does this have to do with DOS?

The generic source code of POV-Ray can be built on Windows without
problems.  You can also find a compiled console version in the MegaPOV
Windows package:

http://megapov.inetart.net/download.html

Christoph

http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 07 Oct. 2005)

Dear Christoph Hormann, first of all, I wish to thank you for your prompt
response. Megapov is truely what I was looking for. Do you know where I can
find a makefile for megapov to compile it with DJGPP or MingGW.

> SSSUTM wrote:
> > Does it exist a dos command line version of POVRAY 3.6 or 3.6.1.
>
> No.
>
> > I badly
> > need a version of povray that runs under windows, but without any GUI.
>
> What does this have to do with DOS?
>
> The generic source code of POV-Ray can be built on Windows without
> problems.  You can also find a compiled console version in the MegaPOV
> Windows package:
>
> http://megapov.inetart.net/download.html
>

> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Landscape of the week:
> http://www.imagico.de/ (Last updated 07 Oct. 2005)
> MegaPOV with mechanics simulation: http://megapov.inetart.net/

Post a reply to this message

> Dear Christoph Hormann, first of all, I wish to thank you for your prompt
> response. Megapov is truely what I was looking for. Do you know where I can
> find a makefile for megapov to compile it with DJGPP or MingGW.

A makefile for MinGW is included in both the official and megapov source
package.  Note this needs to be adapted for your configuration by hand
so you won't have a chance of building it without basic compiling and
programming knowledge.