POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Implementation suggestion Server Time
17 May 2024 08:16:38 EDT (-0400)
  Implementation suggestion (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Gregor
Subject: Implementation suggestion
Date: 9 Oct 2005 06:20:00
Message: <web.4348edad3adf880e4516fb90@news.povray.org>
Hi!

I've found no suitable section for "Wish List", so I post it here. :)

Problem description:
POVray stores editor/renderer/etc. configuration in multiple places:
INI files and Windows registry. For now it's impossible to copy
eg. editor colors' settings to another machine - it requires again
manual configuration or exporting/importing some registry keys.

My suggestion:
Implement a menu entry allowing user to export/import global editor
environment settings to text file (eg. INI). It would quite improve
configuring users' favourite editor environment.

With regards
  Piotr Gregorowicz

Post a reply to this message