POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : POVRay 3.6.1 source code -- or 3.6.0 binaries Server Time
17 May 2024 06:04:56 EDT (-0400)
  POVRay 3.6.1 source code -- or 3.6.0 binaries (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Ali Naddaf
Subject: POVRay 3.6.1 source code -- or 3.6.0 binaries
Date: 28 Sep 2005 11:40:00
Message: <web.433ab8f01cb2fd7496adfda40@news.povray.org>
Hello everyone.

I am trying to make some minor changes to the source code to test some stuff
and the latest source code that I can find seems to be 3.6.0. As the readme
file indicates, I also need to have the binaries for the same version but
the "Older Versions" link only gives me 3.6.1 binary on Windows and not
3.6.0, so either I need to get the source for 3.6.1 (to work with my 3.6.1
binaries) or I need to find 3.6.0 binaries to work with my existing source
code.

Anyone knows where I can get either of these two?

Many thanks,
Ali.

Post a reply to this message

> I am trying to make some minor changes to the source code to test some stuff
> and the latest source code that I can find seems to be 3.6.0. As the readme
> file indicates, I also need to have the binaries for the same version but
> the "Older Versions" link only gives me 3.6.1 binary on Windows and not
> 3.6.0, so either I need to get the source for 3.6.1 (to work with my 3.6.1
> binaries) or I need to find 3.6.0 binaries to work with my existing source
> code.
>
> Anyone knows where I can get either of these two?

Have you tried simply using the packages available?  If this does not
work what it the problem?

Note to get the changes from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 you can merge the Unix
source package (which should be up-to-date) with the older Windows
source package.

Christoph

http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)

> > I am trying to make some minor changes to the source code to test some stuff
> > and the latest source code that I can find seems to be 3.6.0. As the readme
> > file indicates, I also need to have the binaries for the same version but
> > the "Older Versions" link only gives me 3.6.1 binary on Windows and not
> > 3.6.0, so either I need to get the source for 3.6.1 (to work with my 3.6.1
> > binaries) or I need to find 3.6.0 binaries to work with my existing source
> > code.
> >
> > Anyone knows where I can get either of these two?
>
> Have you tried simply using the packages available?  If this does not
> work what it the problem?
>
> Note to get the changes from 3.6.0 to 3.6.1 you can merge the Unix
> source package (which should be up-to-date) with the older Windows
> source package.
>
> Christoph
>
> --
> POV-Ray tutorials, include files, Landscape of the week:
> http://www.tu-bs.de/~y0013390/ (Last updated 24 Jul. 2005)
> MegaPOV with mechanics simulation: http://megapov.inetart.net/

Christof,
Currently, I have:

Source: 3.6.0
Binaries: 3.6.1

Per instructions in the source, I compiled vc.net project successfully. It
resulted in pvengine.exe. I then tried to use that executable by replacing
my pvengine.exe in the binary distribution (3.6.1) with this newly compiled
one. It complains about:

"Editor DLL initialisation failed [LoadLibrary failed, code 0000007e]"

which I assume is caused since I am mixing my new 3.6.0 executable with the
editor library for 3.6.1. That is why I would like to get a hold of the
3.6.1 source code -or- 3.6.0 binaries.

Using the UNIX source code is most likely not going to work since the
problem that I am seeing seems to be a windows related issue (editor dll
and such) which tells me there must be some changes in the windows specific
areas of the code between 3.6.0 and 3.6.1.

Thanks,
Ali.

Post a reply to this message

> Per instructions in the source, I compiled vc.net project successfully. It
> resulted in pvengine.exe. I then tried to use that executable by replacing
> my pvengine.exe in the binary distribution (3.6.1) with this newly compiled
> one. It complains about:
>
> "Editor DLL initialisation failed [LoadLibrary failed, code 0000007e]"
>
> which I assume is caused since I am mixing my new 3.6.0 executable with the
> editor library for 3.6.1. That is why I would like to get a hold of the
> 3.6.1 source code -or- 3.6.0 binaries.

I see.  That indeed looks like it requires a fix.

As a workaround you can use the editor DLLs included in MegaPOV - those
are the 3.6.0 variants AFAIK:

http://megapov.inetart.net/download.html