POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.windows : Creating 2D projections of a 3D mass? Server Time
2 Jun 2024 02:56:13 EDT (-0400)
  Creating 2D projections of a 3D mass? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Meenal
Subject: Creating 2D projections of a 3D mass?
Date: 9 Jun 2005 00:05:01
Message: <web.42a7bfdfe478dc9b9199eef0@news.povray.org>
Hi,

I am creating 2D projections of a 3D object by shining a light source
through it. I want projections at various angles and therefore, I rotate
the object to get different projections. The projections look good. My
question is on the kind of interpolation that POV applies while creating
the projection, i.e. when in taking a projection of ab object from a
non-orthogonal views, you get non-integer values of pixels; what and how
does POV interpolate those non-integer pixel values? To their nearest
neighbor?

Meenal

Post a reply to this message

"Meenal" <mee### [at] studentumassedu> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am creating 2D projections of a 3D object by shining a light source
> through it. I want projections at various angles and therefore, I rotate
> the object to get different projections. The projections look good. My
> question is on the kind of interpolation that POV applies while creating
> the projection, i.e. when in taking a projection of ab object from a
> non-orthogonal views, you get non-integer values of pixels; what and how
> does POV interpolate those non-integer pixel values? To their nearest
> neighbor?
>
> Meenal

I think you want the advice in Pov-Ray help section
5.2.6.4  Anti-Aliasing Options.
Good luck.